Cookies are an essential part of this website – without them the shopping cart functions will not work. Due to changes in EU law we are required to give you information about what cookies we use and how you can make choices about allowing the use of those cookies.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
|XXXXXXXXXX_CART.||Records the session file of the shopping cart.||1 days|
|XXXXXXXXXX_BUSINESS.||The login digest for logged in customers.||Not set|
|XXXXXXXXXX_CONTACT.||Checkout ‘Remember Me’ function – stores contact information to avoid the need for re-entering for subsequent orders.||1 days|
|XXXXXXXXXX_REFERER.||Returns the customer to the last page visited after completion of the checkout.||Not set|
|LAST_SECTION_URL.||Used by the ‘Back’ link on the Product Page, to return the visitor to the correct Section Page.||Not set|
|XXXXXXXXXX_RECENT.||Records the image filename(s) for the ‘Recently Viewed Products’ list, if enabled.||Less than one day|
|CART_CONTENT.||Stores the cart value and item count for the shopping cart summary.||1 day|
Third party functions
- Google Book Preview, YouTube, Amazon Kindle.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’¥ or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
- AddThis – provide us with lots of sharing buttons all in one neat package
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
- Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.