This is our acceptable use policy. If you use our website, for example by uploading content or adding comments to a forum on our website it means that the policy applies to you and that you agree with it as part of our Website Terms.
We may change these terms, so we expect you to check this page from time to time as the changes will be binding on you. There may also be changes elsewhere on our site.
2. Who We Are
WatersidePress.co.uk is operated by The Waterside Press Partnership described in About Us.
Some important details about us:
Our registered office is at: Sherfield Gables, Reading Road, Sherfield on Loddon, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 0JG, United Kingdom
Our VAT number is: 131 1459 50
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our phone number is: +44 (0)1256 88250
3. What you must not do
You must not use the site to do any of the following:
- Break any laws or regulations of any jurisdiction
- Do anything unlawful or fraudulent, or which has an unlawful or fraudulent effect
- Harm or attempt to harm minors
- Do anything with material that does not meet our content standards (these are listed below)
- Do anything with unsolicited advertising material (known as spam)
- Transmit any data or material that is harmful to other programs, software, or hardware (for example, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, etc.)
- Copy in any way or re-sell any part of our site (unless we allow it under our website terms)
- Interfere with or damage any part of our site, equipment, network, software or storage arrangements.
4. Content Standards
Here are our content standards. They apply to all material that you contribute to our site and to all interactive services.
You must follow these standards carefully, but please also follow the spirit of them.
Your contributions must be:
- Accurate (if they are factual)
- Genuine (if they state opinions)
- Within the law.
Your contributions must not be:
- Defamatory, obscene, or offensive
- Likely to deceive, harass, annoy, threaten, or invade someone else’s privacy
- Otherwise unlawful.
And they must not:
- Promote material that is sexually explicit or include anything that amounts to child sexual abuse
- Promote violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Contain any statement that would encourage or induce terrorism
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
- Infringe anyone else’s intellectual property
- Be used to impersonate anyone, or misrepresent anyone’s identity
- Encourage or assist anything that breaks the law, breaches a legal duty owed to a third party (such as confidentiality) or promotes illegal activity.
5. Interactive Services
Our standards for interactive services, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards, are as follows:
We will tell you clearly about the service.
We will tell you what form of moderation we use for the site and will provide details of how contact the moderator if appropriate.
We will try to assess risks on the site (especially for children) and will moderate if we think it is appropriate.
Please note, however, that we are not required to moderate our interactive service. We will not be responsible for any loss to anyone who does not use our site according to our standards (whether or not we have moderated the service).
6. Important Notice for Parents
Use of our interactive service by a child is subject to parental consent
If you permit your child to use the service, we advise you to explain the risks. Moderation is not always effective
Please contact us if you have a concern about moderation.
7. Disclosure to Courts
If you have to disclose confidential Information by order of a court or other public body you may do so. Confidential Information means confidential information that is owned by someone else and is either clearly labelled or described as such or which is obviously confidential when given to you, and includes copies or notes of such information.
8. Suspension and Termination
If we think you have breached this policy, we will take whatever steps we think are necessary.
These might include:
- Stopping your use of the site temporarily or permanently
- Removing material you have put on the site
- Sending you a warning
- Taking legal action
- Telling the right authorities
- We exclude legal responsibility and cost for actions we take to deal with your breach of our policy.